Recreational Vehicle Insurance in Salt Lake City UT & Las Vegas NV
A recreational vehicle (RV) is much more than just an ordinary automobile—it is a home on wheels. Because a motorhome is both an automobile and a home, it is vulnerable to various accidents while on the road or stationary. If you need an RV insurance policy, call American Insurance today to get coverage.
What Is RV Insurance?
RV insurance is similar to most homeowners and auto insurance policies in that it entails an exchange of an insurance premium between you and your insurer for financial assistance following an accident. Accidents such as a fire inside your RV or a collision while driving can occur any time and can be expensive. Having RV insurance can help protect you financially.
What Do RV Policies Cover?
RV insurance typically will include protection matching the driving and property risks associated with your vehicle. Some of the coverage you might need to carry includes the following types:
- Liability insurance helps insure you against damage or injuries you cause to others if you are at fault in a wreck.
- Collision insurance helps cover damage to your own vehicle after a wreck.
- Comprehensive insurance helps pay for vehicle damage from non-accident mishaps, such as weather damage.
- Medical payments (MedPay) coverage helps pay for accident-related medical bills for you and those of your passengers.
- Uninsured/underinsured insurance helps cover you against damage caused by someone else who doesn’t have appropriate liability coverage.
- Campsite and vacation coverage helps cover liabilities associated with using the RV as a vacation property.
- Full-time residence insurance is intended for those permanently living in their RVs.
For additional questions regarding RV insurance policies, reach out to our agency. There may be potential added coverage options included in some policies, so be sure to educate yourself on policies by contacting our agency.
Get RV Insurance Today
If you are an RV owner near Salt Lake City, UT, we can help. The agents at American Insurance are ready to help you learn more about RV insurance policies so you can decide on the right coverage option for you and your home on wheels.