Storage Tank Liability Insurance
What is Storage Tank Liability?
The Storage Tank Liability Insurance policy provides coverage for third-party bodily injury and property damage from pollution conditions emanating from scheduled underground and aboveground storage tanks.
The policy also provides coverage for corrective action and cleanup as required by applicable federal and state regulation. The policy can be utilized to meet State and Federal storage tank financial responsibility requirement for underground and aboveground storage tank owners and operators.
Who is a typical customer for Storage Tank Liability?
- Gas stations
- Golf courses
- Car dealerships
- Any commercial business who owns a fuel storage tank
Why is Storage Tank Liability important?
- Tank owners and operators need evidence of financial responsibility.
- Policy/Certificate satisfies federal and/or state requirements for financial responsibility
- Financially stable alternative to state funds
What is the cost?
- $750 minimum premium
- Various limit options up to $5,000,000
- One-year or three-year term policies available
How do I apply for a Storage Tank Liability indication?
- American Insurance proudly partners with a number of insurance companies that offer UST programs.
- This UST program is ONLY available for Utah businesses. Each state has their own program
- Complete the application to determine which insurance company will best fit your needs
For more information or to receive a quote, please contact:
Brian R. Johnson, CIC